View Single Post
      08-27-2020, 12:14 PM   #56
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoPsam View Post
VTL, your thread was a huge help with my B12/Dinan camber plate install -- thanks!

I was able to hit -2.2 camber up front with just the plates and stock control arms.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to echo what other posters have mentioned: the B12's Eibach Pro-Kit springs are too low.

It's been about a month and springs have settled, and while I don't have issues rubbing yet, the appearance is simply too low for my taste. I installed the Dinan camber plates up front, and without that extra 5mm I'd be even more unhappy. I also think the lowered height would look extra silly on stock wheels. I don't find the ride to be harsh, so at least there's that.

I'm thinking about going back to stock M-Sport springs, though I'd be losing about 28 ft/lbs in front and 100 ft/lbs of spring in the rear by going back to the 2012+ (rear) progressive spring. Anyone done this with the Bilstein B8 struts/shocks?
I would suggest getting a set of BMW Performance Springs instead of going back to the M Sport ones. More conservative drop than the Pro-kit springs and will likely pair better with the B8's you have as part of the B12 kit.
Appreciate 0