View Single Post
      02-13-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
cncnjn
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340xi

N54 Turbo replacement?

My car is stock minus an axle back exhaust, it is a 2010 with just under 100k miles. It is starting to have the dreaded waste gate actuator rattle, I took it to the dealership to confirm that and they said they do not make just that part anymore and I would have to replace the turbos for $7k! I find that hard to believe but alright, that aside, if I was going to replace the turbos for that price wouldn't I just go for an upgraded set and still save tons of money? Mind you I do not have any tools or experience to do much of this myself. I am tempted to try a couple of the fixes I've seen, maybe even try to replace the waste gate actuator with the one ECS tuning sells. I also plan to do the JB4 tune anyways so that could also help with the sounds I suppose. But if worse comes to worse and I just decide to replace the turbos all together, what would I be looking for? What would you recommend? I don't need anything too crazy I just plan on going for a build around 450 HP in the far future. Any suggestions on affordable but decent upgrades from OEM? Any suggestions on what I should try to fix the rattle? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0