02-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
Hind
///Mmmm
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 135i

Garage List
Wheel Spacer Install & Pics (56k Death)

Here is my install of the BMS Wheel Spacers. I bought 10mm for the Rear, and 12mm for the Front. Due to front passenger side wheel lug bolts being overtightened (not by me), and un-removable at this time I could only install the rears. It was hard to get exact before and after pictures, enough to tell a difference. While driving so far, the rear end does feel slightly less wobbly.

When I had my tires put on at a local Firestone, I'm thinking they overtightened the lug bolts. I went back today to have them loosened by impact air tools, but the employee claims they always tighten to spec. Even with the air tools, the front passenger bolts wont budge.

Following pictures are of just the Rear Passenger side. As usual with me, More pix the better.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR

Fat man trying to losen my lug bolts

BMS 10mm/12mm Wheel Spacers, New Torque Wrench, & Anti-Seize

Loosening the Lug Bolts

High Performance Formula1 Chocks

Wheel was very snug, had to kick it off the hub

Wheel off

Dirty!!!

After some brake cleaner and a good scrub, it looks... well the same.

All by myself...

All set to go

Pre-Lube with Anti-Seize. Do Not Use Grease, Anti-Seize has High temp resistance. Brakes get hot!

Spacers need a little assistance over the rusty crust

10mm Power

Tighten to 88 lbs

A few Finished Shots. The difference is subtle, but it was a fun install. Hopefully soon I'll have my 12mm up front.

GOT THE FRONTS ON NOW. 10mm Rear, 12mm Front

Plans for the future are Koni FSD & Eibach Springs...
Thanks for viewing.
PDC Flickr YouTube

Last edited by Hind; 03-23-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 2