03-29-2017, 11:09 PM   #1
TridenTBoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Exclamation Cruise control sometimes not working? Spirited driving?

Okay, I've been able to reproduce at least twice now. I go for a spirited drive, take some less spirited roads for a mile or two, get to this one particular stop sign, gun it onto the road to about 50-60mph and then decide to engage cruise control because it's a long straight road.

Cruise control works for about 1-2 seconds then goes off. No warning lights, no alarms, just stops engaging, and you don't even realize it turned off until you see you're slowing down. You can try to turn it back on 50 times and it'll do the same behavior for quite a while. Usually I don't have any roads to test it on for the rest of the drive home so I don't know what the deal is. This really only happens after certain roads I go driving on. It's rarely an issue but it's rather frustrating and I'd like to know the reason at least!

Only other time I've had this kind of behavior happen is when I have it in drive, am going up hill, no sport mode, and try to engage at 70-80mph. It starts to notice it's decelerating too quickly after I let off the throttle and decides to not bother. Or maybe it notices it takes like 35%+ throttle to maintain speed and that's too high for cruise control? If I turn on sport mode, it sometimes works then. (bmw, amirite?)

Any thoughts? My Googling is giving me a bunch of results for honda civics even though I'm searching for BMW... even if I do forum search here, not much on this particular issue.
Appreciate 0