View Single Post
      08-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #7
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Without getting too technical and maybe i am in the minority but who in the past 5 to 10 years has repaired their own laptop? 95% of the time it's more expensive to repair than to just get a new laptop and with the tech advancement being as fast as it is; it makes even less sense to repair. As far as Macbooks are concerned, they are incredible reliable and with the 3 that I've had; nothing hardware related has ever gone wrong... and if it did, I still wouldn't want anyone else other than apple repairing it... seems like a non issue to me.

I've repaired my own iphones and its such a hassle that I don't think I would ever do it again.
Your experience is all anecdotal. If what you say is true, shops such as Louis Rossmann and Jessa Jones wouldn't be in business nor thriving in this climate. Fact remains that Apple charges top dollar for their hardware and it makes repair shops a viable option. Especially when many of the fixes Louis shows on his Youtube channel are pretty trivial once you see him do it and are failures due to piss poor design. If you doubt anything about what I'm saying, go on his Youtube channel and look through the myriad number of videos where he actually repairs broken laptops in real time.

As far as reliable, even Apple has put out a bulletin about the keyboards used on recent Macbooks. As Louis points out Apple knows this is a problem and is still using this defective part on currently shipping product.
Appreciate 0