08-03-2019, 06:27 PM   #19
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
You have access to their financials to know they are “thriving?”

Apple sells almost 20M Macs per year, so things are going to fail. Apple products have industry leading reliability.

Louis is a known Apple hater, which is fine, but he has his own bias.

What people forget is Apple is selling software and the entire ecosystem as much as the hardware. Just because you can get a Windows laptop for cheaper, doesn’t mean you want the Windows experience. Comparable hardware isn’t the point. People want the Apple experience because the software is what you experience when you interact with the hardware.

There are also no alternative manufacturers that make anything more reliable. Dell? HP? Samsung? Joke quality and they all run Windows.
And here we go with the fanboyism. Explain Jessa Jones then. And yes, he's doing just fine. Moved to a new location and has been in business for years. As a small business to survive past the first couple of years says something.

Apple could easily go towards the licensing model for their software but chose to pin hardware as how they make their money. Everyone is with any understanding of how to survive into the forseeable future will know trying to exist solely on hardware is a losing proposition.

You've got your head up Apple so much you don't even see that I didn't start off the thread with reliability. It's about Apple restricting an owner of an Apple product to be able to repair their own product without Apple being the sole provider of such services. You'd agree you'd have a problem if you can't take your car to an independent shop for repairs because the manufacturer of the car makes it impossible to do so. This is what Apple is doing. And if you say otherwise, you're being disingenuous.
Appreciate 0