jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rektek View Post
Broken CA here too.
My CA worked about 90% of the time when I first got it 3 weeks ago. I tinted the car with 3M CS non-metallic film (not ceramic) 10 days ago. Ever since then the CA features died within a day. The car started with the dash button when I left the tint shop, but the next day all CA was dead.

The 1 was at the dealer a few days last week. They initially could not figure it out. Then they found a door sensor that was wet and replaced it. It still didn't work. The found a second sensor that was also wet. That one was not in stock and is on order. I have my car back minus CA. They never once mentioned anything about my tint.

The part should be in this week. I'll keep you guys posted. If you have CA, I would hold off for now.

Damn. At this point the window tint is starting to corrolate too much to simply ignore. I'm wondering if there's something going on during the tint installation that's creating the issue.

Are there any people having this issue who don't have window tint? I guess the next question would be "How many people own these cars and don't have tinted windows?" for it to make any difference though.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I'm now wondering if they're wetting the inside of the windows enough while doing the tint to damage the sensor, but if that's the case BMW has an issue with the design.

Initially it would seem that wouldn't have anything to do with the trunk opening, but it's possible the reciever is sharing a channel for the drivers door and trunk, and a shorted antenna on the drivers side causes poor recieption on the trunk as well.

Personally I'm pretty certain the tint itself isn't the problem, but I'm not so sure about the actual installation. I love a good mystery! As soon as I get my car I'm going to see if I can read the RFID tags with some of the industrial RFID equipment I have at the office. If that's the case I'll get my windows tinted right away and maybe I can get to the bottom of it myself if BMW hasn't figured it out by then. I'm certainly not going to be happy about not being able to tint my windows because of something that's supposed to make life easier!
Appreciate 0