View Single Post
      01-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
stormchaser7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Lux H-8 180 Review

In December I pre-ordered the latest Lux Angel Eyes. The new Angel Eyes boasts 8 of the latest Cree LEDs which provide improved brightness over the previous model.

They arrived in a well packaged box.

The new bulbs have a small glass shield that protects the LED from damage when installing which is a nice touch.

My initial thought was the ballast was a bit larger than the older version I had.
I was a little worried I wouldn’t be able to fit it in the headlight housing without interfering with the adaptive headlights.

I read a few install DIYs for the previous versions which gave a good location to Velcro the ballast to the back of the cover.

Now on to the installation!

Look on the back of the headlight for the two retaining clips that hold on the cover.

Once you snap off the retaining clips, pull the cover back and remove it from behind the headlight.
There are 2 tabs that slide out of the bottom.
You may have to move the cover around a bit to get it to slide out.
Once the cover is out, place the Velcro squares in the bottom of the cover right above the two tabs.

Remove the existing bulb and insert the Lux bulb.

Slide the wire connectors together. On one of the bulbs, I had to push the pins in a little to get them to line up with the connectors slots.

Slide the cover back in place making sure the tabs are in the slots and wires are all tucked inside. Snap the clips back in place.

Here is how the original Angel Eyes looked

Here is the comparison of the two - Lux are on the left side

Final results:

Appreciate 3
ayao634.50
buddalun679.00
1and11855.00