View Single Post
      10-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #8
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

What's up with all of the comments about no steering feel? My 335 has always seemed pretty good in that regard, and I assumed the 135 had the same steering rack. Why would the use a different system for the M version? Or is it that the 135 also lacks feel? I've only taken a 1 for a short test drive on a rainy day so didn't get that much experience with it, but it seemed pretty good. If this is a unique charateristic of the 1M, frankly, I might trade my 3 for a 135i instead. Is this also a criticism of the M3?

Up until now I've been convinced that I would get the 1M (have a deposit down and am first on my dealers list). I'm not troubled by the relatively modest improvements or whether it should be called an "is." I really don't care if they called in an "is" or a "tii." I would get it for the improved performance without the hassle of doing a bunch of mods myself (and potentially losing warranty coverage).

I'm not interested in the M3 because its too heavy. I need a back seat that I can actually fit my kids into from time to time (so no Porsche's need apply), a little luxury and quality in materials, and great perfromance. I thought the 1M would be perfect, but no steering feel would take if off my list. Any chance this is just a problem with a preproduction prototype that they will fix before production?
Appreciate 0