View Single Post
      05-21-2014, 12:47 AM   #74
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
I plan to fit the R-S3 tires in sizes 255/35 in the front and 275/35 in the rear using the 18" Apex EC-7 wheels. I'll be running extra front camber as well as some fender rolling and 5mm spacers. There are some 1addicts here who've successfully fit those sizes in the 135i. There's one (blutattoo) who used these sizes in R-S3's on the track without any fender rolling or spacers. I'll report back when I try this setup with my Ohlins later this year.

Speaking of alignment settings, I could never run lower than -2.5 camber in the rear, yes rear, on the street without wearing the outer half more. This is with all M3 parts including rear subframe bushings and 0.10 total toe in. I also might need to increase my front camber to -2.5 due to outside shoulder wear and this is all on the street (backroads & canyons). But I hardly slow down for turns Apparently there are other hooligans on this forum who run -2.5 or more camber daily in the front and have even tire wear.
RS3 absolutely require high amounts of negative camber to be effective on the track. Its not unheard of to need -4 deg up front and -3 in the rear. This is due to the high amount of sidewall deflection in this tire under heavy cornering.

Unfortunately the e82 doesn't really give us that much room to adjust our alignment settings. I feel the RS3 isn't a good match for our cars because of this and the Dunlop z2 is far better for our application.
Appreciate 0