Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
I presume from your pictures that you don't have camber plates and that you set your ride height pretty much as Ohlins recommends, maybe just a bit higher. This just works for the OE wheels and 215 tires. With my GC camber plates the perch is a bit higher with the Ohlins springs, and it just works with a 225 tire. I don't see this working at all with 8.5 x 18 ET45 ARC 8 wheels in any tire size.
Your posts are way over my head, so forgive me for being a bit basic, but here goes:

I just wanted to say that I'm also running Ohlins R&T dampers with the same GC Street camber plates as you. I'm running APEX ARC-8 wheels in 17 x 8.5 ET40 and Direzza ZII's in 245/40/R17 at all four corners. No rubbing in front with a 7" #392 spring. I did have rubbing with a set of 6" #400 springs that was given to me to test, but I added a pair of helper springs and that solved the issue (per a previous conversation with you, I know the 6" springs are too short, and I will go back to the 7" Swift spring when I pull the dampers to send back for their 20K mile rebuilding).

Anyway, I just wanted to say, if you really want to go to 245 series rubber and you can't get there with your current wheel, you may want to consider a 17" wheel, because it's definitely possible. I do have a 128i, but we have most of the important variables/components in common (other than wheel size, of course).