carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. Little background on my bmw adventures:

My first BMW was a 318ti that I bought in 2008. I still have that car, but it has gone from a totally stock commuter to an engine swapped track car. It's a ton of fun at the track and at autox but not a great daily driver anymore.

I've been lurking on this forum for years, I almost bought a 128i back in 2013 but ended up with a Z3 Coupe instead. That was a fun car but I sold it a couple years ago and have been wanting a daily BMW ever since.

So when rowsdower listed his 128i back in July, I went for it. He was an awesome seller and provided a ton of info and pictures of the car. My wife and I flew down to Dallas and drove the car 1400mi back home to NC. No issues at all and we had a set of wheels in the rear seat and the trunk full of OE parts.

2011 128i N51 6MT
Space gray over Black Leather
No sunroof
Koni Yellows with Eibach prokit springs
Whiteline RSFBs
AA headers
BPC tune
M3 front control and tension arms
Dinan camber plates
and more

I've been reading all kinds of threads trying to learn as much about the E82 platform as possible. This is a fantastic forum with so much great info so I've been kept busy.

My plans with the car are to eventually build it towards STX spec and try not to take it too much further. However, it's such a great car to drive I want to be careful and make sure I don't compromise too much away from being a good street car. My ti went down that path so I'm acutely aware of going too far, haha.

328ti:

Z3:

128i (photo borrowed from Bill):
welcome to our small family! you are a man of good tastes!
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
spidertri397.50