05-22-2019, 10:33 PM   #64
ShawnPaul
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau_Rouge111 View Post
They have to hire an ex Porsche guy...lets just put aside the whole 10 yr IMS bearing issue but lately Porsche are good at listening to their clientele...ppl said...give us a manual GT3 and they did and the take rate is 85%...let's get a Porsche guy in so we can finally get an i8 with a proper engine to compete with Ferrari and Lambo and M cars offered light weight (relatively speaking) with manual gear boxes and no more rod bearing/crank bearing b/s
Porsche almost listen to their clients. The gt3 came back in manual, but not available for sale initially and then they limited production to a tiny amount compared to auto. They had the 911r which everyone loved but they only made a small amount. Then they did the gt3 touring but again limited numbers. The cayman was never really given a proper engine either (the gt4 only had the carrera s engine and the gearing was all wrong).

I have a Porsche and I'm routinely upset that they don't listen to customers. They make amazing cars and then not let us actually buy them. Test this out: call any Porsche dealer and ask to order a gt3 and see what they say.... they'll just tell you that you aren't allowed unless you are chosen to be allowed to buy one.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50