10-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #87
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Vettel has now won six races in a row. It will be nine at the end of the season unless RBR messes with his car to send WEB off in style from a long F1 carrier. That is total domination and not very exciting to watch. Sure, there are always good battles for the other positions but the excitement level drops about 10x from a winner battle to a battle for 2nd and then keeps falling. Good battles for the win are what we all want to see. The competition really need to step it up next year. FIA is also aware of the risks to the sport if total domination runs for a long time, so they will do what they can with new regulations as well. DRS will in most cases do the trick as it did with all the different winners last year. it really re-juvenated F1, let's hope the field is more even next year to bring the battle for first back in every race. I'm tired of hearing about Vettel pullig out of the allowed DRS gap on the first lap.
I suggest you take up watching a new sport, like under-water basket weaving or something. There will always be winners and sore-losers. If you really want 'more even' then stick to Indy. *YAWN*

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but the most intelligent comments I've heard lately are here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
So, last year when there was a different winner in each of the first 7 races, and the championship margin was 3 points, that was the "same thing"? Or in 2010, when 16 points separated the top 4 finishers? Or in 2008, a 1 point championship? Or 2007, where 1 point separated the top 3 drivers? Yeah, same thing every year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Are the guys saying it's boring watching a different telecast than I am? This season has had some of the most interesting races since I've been watching the sport. Sure, it might not be the battle for first place but how much TV time is the RBR car actually getting? I think that Lotus has been the winner in terms of excitement and the battles between Mercedes, Ferrari, and Lotus have been awesome. Who cares if it's for second or third or even 9th position? Good racing is good racing and if you can't appreciate that then this sport just ain't for you.

Vettel won a race in a Toro Rosso and scored points in a Sauber and was the youngest to achieve both milestones. Haters gonna hate but he's got four titles to his name. If Hamilton and Alonso are so great and the teams they race for are so legendary then why the fuck aren't they winning? Stop blaming red bull for races that bore you and start putting the blame where it belongs... on the competition that continues to fail in stepping up their game.
Appreciate 0