View Single Post
      03-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #51
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
I know you're kind of the expert on this. No leaks, no loose connections (that I can see).

Car has an appointment with my Indy guy on Wednesday, and I'll give him all your instructions from post #1. I won't be driving it until then.

I hate it, I love this car and have way over-maintended it. I hope it's not about to bite me in the ass at 33k miles. ('13 135i)
Hope you get it sorted. I know what you mean about the car. When everything is working, it's great. But when things go bad with the DCT, it can be an utter nightmare. You're at the point where I was. But fortunately for me, I was still under the factory warranty at the time. And I got so fed up, I was going to leave the car at the dealership till they figured it out. My SA knew how serious the situation was and personally test drove my car to experience the problem himself. Fortunately, the problem reproduced itself except for the scary moment that forced me to say enough is enough. The car wanted to jump forward in stop and go traffic. If I hadn't been ready for it and had my foot on the brake, my car would have creamed the car in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
I've never heard of the DCT "Bucking", very interesting. No lights came on in the cluster (overheating, check engine etc)? I would be curious to hear if there are any codes stored. May be a wheel speed sensor or ABS Sensor too?
I experienced the bucking and at times it was pretty severe. So it's not something that is a rare incident. And no codes, check engine light, or overheating either.
Appreciate 0