View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #60
rscott
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott View Post
I recently bought a 2013 135i DCT with just under 45K miles. It's stock as far as I know, though I did find a Dinan catalog in the battery well next to the tool kit. On my first test drive, I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary when taking off in first gear, but I'm coming from daily driving an e28 with a 4HP22 and a W126 300SD with a bunch of vacuum leaks for the last several years, so my perception of smoothness and delay is a bit warped. The service writer or whoever was driving my car into the car wash to give it a final clean noticed the hesitation when idling it forward, so I had an appointment scheduled to get looked at and have the DCT adaptations reset.

Driving the car over the last week, I do notice some weirdness when taking off from a stop unless I put my boot into it, and the RPMs tend to drop down to about 500 or so for a second or two when I come to a stop at a light. It does not feel like the engine is about to die or anything when they dip like that, in my e30 or e28 an RPM drop like that would make you think you had a vacuum leak or you were running out of gas. This clearly sounds like a milder version of the issues many have described in this thread, so I hope the DCT adaptation reset will fix the issue.

Other people have told me that they've noticed a big change in the DCT shift feel by bleeding the brakes and/or changing the brake pads because apparently it applies the brakes while shifting for some reason (?). Is this true? Even so, I don't think that would explain the RPMs dropping like that.
Got the car back from the dealership this morning, it definitely feels like it shifts differently than before, but I'm not sure if it's really better. It still does the weird RPM thing when coming to a stop, the idle drops down to like 500, then swings back up to about 1100 before settling in around 650-700, which feels a tad low because I can feel the tiniest bit of vibration that disappears when the RPMs are 800+.

They didn't drive it hardly at all when they had it, less than 2 miles total so I guess I'll drive it around a bit more and see how the transmission DME decides to act.
Appreciate 0