View Single Post
      04-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #21
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Hi Justin, I look forward to seeing your build.

Are you sure the 2nd dyno was without the use of meth?? Are there any other mods I'm missing... downpipes, FMIC?

This means you gained 60rwkw from just:
Procede
Dinan CAI
ER Charge Pipe + Synapse BOV

I think the intake and charge pipe would provide very minimal gains... I don't know, it doesn't seem to add up according to everything else I've seen.
Hey mate,

I can assure you that the 250.3 rwkw pull, was without the use of Meth.

The Meth tank was still sitting on Dale's workbench, when the car was on the dyno.

At the time of the PROcede install, Dale was on sick leave and had yet to finalize the installation of the Meth kit.

I hope to have that done this week.

There is very little to be gained "power" wise, from the use of an aftermarket charge pipe and BOV.

Unless of course the stock diverter valves and pipe fittings are bleeding boost (above factory levels).

FYI Gents,

the 233 rwkw pull was the 1st recorded run with the PROcede set to Map 1, with a boost target of 12 psi, at my request.

The 2nd run on Map 1, resulted in 231 rwkw.

After a good 10 minute cool down of the vehicle we did another pull, but this time on Map 2, whilst retaining the default boost target of 14.5 psi.

The result was 250.3 rwkw.

The 2nd run on Map 2, resulted in 248 rwkw.

Finally Adrian wanted to perform a run on the Valet map.

This was essentially on factory boost levels, which resulted in 183 rwkw.

The 2nd run on the Valet map, saw power drop by a further 5 rwkw, obviously the inlet air path was becoming badly heat soaked.

It is worth noting, whilst Map 2 had a boost target of 14.5 psi, peak power was made at a reading of 15 psi.

Map 1 and the Valet map recorded 12 psi & 7.5 psi respectively, which was bang on target.

All the runs were made on 98 RON, Shell V-Power fuel.

The dyno cell ambient temp was around 26 degrees Celsius.

Lastly the PROcede "tune" Adrian installed on the day, was utilizing the latest Beta 3-30 DIC maps.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by JD75; 04-25-2011 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: Typo & additional text
Appreciate 0