rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowsdower View Post
No dice. The new sensor is identical to the factory one and says Continental on it. I suppose VDO manufactures for Conti? Replaced sensor, car doesn't stumble quite as dramatically as before but still revs up and down the same way as before. I replaced MAF because I got a code stating the MAF value was implausibly high and it recurred 3 times. Also was seeing "HFM Sensor airmasse" at 0.00V but the new one still shows that.

I then got a secondary air system code for bank 2 (this is N51 don't forget). The check-valve is working, I pulled it off and blew through it in both directions and it didn't let exhaust back out to the pump. Also started the car with the valve removed and both banks were letting exhaust out of the ports so they are not blocked. With engine running, the checkvalve is not letting air out with the hose removed. I can turn the pump on with INPA and it runs, and is off when the car is running and warm. Okay so ruled out a secondary air failure.

This would point to an O2 sensor failing, I think. I don't know how to interpret the values I'm seeing in INPA for lambda probes. I've read they should be between 0.3 and 0.9 volts. The green range in INPA for precat is 0 to 2.7, and mine are both jumping between 1.3 and 2.5. For postcat, the green range is 0 to 0.9 and both are around 0.43 and jump around a bit. Any thoughts on whether these values look normal?
Are you sure your are reading your MAP values correctly?

Mine would log out at around 1,000 mpa when stopped. 1,000 mpa being the pressure at sea level.

Values would drop when the engine is running and you had a vacuum in the intake manifold.
Appreciate 0