View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #35
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeard View Post
Not gonna lie, man, your story scarin' me! I just ordered headers lol. Please don't ever have the clutch in for a prolonged period of time. This is how people screw up their throwout bearing, and only way to replace it is basically doing the labor to replace a clutch, not worth it! I think the guy in that writeup may have had an auto or dual clutch. The fuel tank ventilation issue sounds like a fuel breather valve (especially if occurring after you fill up) or simply a fluke. FBV used to affect the old e46s all the time, especially SULEVs. N51 has a different, more complex fuel tank that can be more expensive to fix when something goes bad. Try going to your dealer, even if your car is modded the SULEV warranty can cover it if vehicle was first ever registered in a SULEV state and is under 15 year/150k miles. Some dealers are nicer than others, so try em all! I am kind of expecting some idle inconsistencies with headers, so long as it doesn't stall out. Hell, my current stock manifold setup stumbles a tiny bit depending if it is cold or warm. If it stumbles real bad, maybe consider getting a retune? I have known of three 128i owners who regret getting headers, but so many more who love em! I think it depends on how sensitive you are, too. Some of my mustang buddies have idle jumpin up and down and shaking the car with cams, they don't seem to care at all! Good luck, sorry this was long
Headers are great, and the idle is only an issue in traffic. Unfortunately mine does stall occasionally on its own when idling. I also have stalled it many times when the idle dips right as I’m taking off from a stop. I may just order the valve... the shop that did my headers also did my oil pan gasket at the same time. The valve looks to be low in the engine bay so it is plausible that it got broken or disconnected during the oil pan job.
Appreciate 1
smeard136.00