09-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #70
dwildone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentone View Post
Can anybody who has done PCD offer a typical schedule of events for the day?For example, does everybody take "delivery" of their car at the same time? My wife and I will be making the trip with a 9 month old, so I'd like to be able to take delivery with her and do the track stuff with my brother. I'm sure BMW will frown on that or just prohibit it completely, but I'm hoping to give it a shot either anyway...
I just got home...2 days and 850 miles after my PCD. The day goes something like this:

7:00 - Breakfast on your own and the Marriott
7:40 - Shuttle leaves for PC
8:00 - PCD begins with bag storage and roll call
8:15 - Instructor info and classroom
8:30 - Track Time (ABS exercise, road course/lines, skid pad, hot lap)

Around 10:30 the group breaks in half- half do delivery before lunch and half do the factory tour and off road course in the X5. Everyone meets up again around noon for lunch, and then the groups swap.

I would think you could easily do the track time with your brother, and delivery with your wife, although I don't think BMW will feed everyone. Ask Bonnie or Donnie first thing to make sure...but they should be able to accommodate a request for delivery after lunch, so that your wife could come at 1300 for the delivery.
Appreciate 0