nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Thanks nachob!

I think you can certainly find great value in doing that. However, I suspect many potential buyers don't want to go through the hassle and time of coordinating all that is required.

I think it's pretty cool to have in Km like the German's as well

Oh, and I agree we should sticky this post for future buyers who want to reference this good info and sync with forum members with questions!!!
Yes it was a lot of coordinating when I did it. Others that came after have had an easier time with the importing. In my case I really wanted a non nav stripper and was having a difficult time finding one with right mileage, not tracked or modified etc. Canada had more no nav cars than US. But once all the work is done there is little to fear. They are basically the same as the US cars except for the KM speedo which I like. I agree it's not worth the hassle to many to import but what motivated me to write this post was the aforementioned post where someone passed up a perfect 1M solely because they feared that it was Canadian. Maybe they feared that it wasn't smog legal etc but they are built and certified to meet US and CARB standards and there is an EPA and carb decal under the hood . So once registered in the US they are fully compliant cars unless someone modified them. I also wondered at first if they were built the same and if parts ordering were an issue but it's not they are basically a US spec car. Thank you and best wishes.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1211.00