Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Blue BMW M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
Hey Adam,

welcome and thanks for come over here...

when you get your test car will you take several pictures showing the underside of the car and the full exhaust system... I am curious to find out exactly what is down there: resonator, cat, path of the exhaust, etc...

A few qus for you and your products... from what you said above your DP goes from the turbo to the catback... Are you eliminating the cat, if so how will that affect those who live in emissions tested states?

Have you had an experience of the DP releaving too much pressure leading to turbo failure? Or have there been any problems of any kind that could be related to the DP?
Absolutely will do. Once we find our test car (WHICH WE STILL NEED), we will make the requirement to post pictures of the install with the full undercarriage. So everybody can see exactly what is under there.

Yes, the downpipes eliminate the PRIMARY cats. The 2ndary cats are still in place so emissions shouldn't be a problem on the visual or OBDII testing. Even our Riss 335i (Anthony's car) doesn't have a smell of "rotten eggs" which others say will be the issue.

Downpipes relieving too much pressure causing turbo failure? Haven't seen that yet. Its actually been a proven fact that downpipes help a turbo car "uncork" the power and stress on the turbo. Turbo's want to spool easy instead of having to build huge boost to create power. This is why downpipes make so much power. They unrestrict the entire exhaust system. Whether you have a stock catback or aftermarket catback, you will feel a huge difference.

Problems? CEL. Just in case, its always recommended to get 02 simulators so you will not see the little CEL in the dash. Other than that, I don't see problems. We've had our sponsored car/test car spin all through 1st and 2nd so tires might be a problem soon! :wink: Downpipes are proven HP/TQ.
Appreciate 0