View Single Post
      05-13-2019, 05:36 PM   #31
SwitChiliIce
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 iS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometorque View Post
I had the misfortune of having to do it about 2 months back when the car died at an intersection close to home. It took me about 30 minutes to figure it out, but it can be done. Manual touches on how to do it, but it's not very clear. To put it in a simple step by step for you guys,

1. remove DCT shift trim (pry off carefully with flathead screwdriver)
2. locate allen socket near top left of shifter. you will see a red cap looking thing next to it (no need to touch the red cap)
3. insert appropriate allen key into socket
4. rotate counter clockwise. The first quarter turn feels light, but then it gets heavy. Instinct is to stop when it gets heavy, but you have to push past the resistance of the allen socket. once you push through it, you'll hear it click and if done correctly, you'll see the car in neutral on the cluster. From there, it'll stay in neutral as long as you don't remove the key or put it in park.

I'm fairly certain you do need to at least have battery power to do this, but no need to start the car. Hope this helps!
Tried this method on my car...here is what happened: the allen socket wont turn counter clockwise only the opposite, besides it would pop up and then return in the initial position. Dudes from the local garage told to check underneath the car near the gearbox area... there was a lever or whatever it is called with torx socket and allegedly it had to be screwed out..said done but nothing happened gear selector still shows light green P could it be because of weird electronics..have been having some repairs done to it.. no idea
Appreciate 0