11-21-2019, 10:06 AM   #6
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Another day. Turbos didnt come until late wed afternoon. I have to work the next few days
Got old turbos out, one had a definite rattle and play in the wastegate. And was leaking oil.
Seems I'm at a standstill anyway my one coolant line that has a heat shield wrapped around it was gouged on the rubber part. By the heat shield peeling back. Its usable but I don't want to take any chances so I ordered a new one.
Block is cleaned, all lines except new one are cleaned, new o rings and on new turbos. The inlet screws were a pain in the ass. I got this tiny tool in the pic below to get the screws out. Worked great for first one but other was too tight to break with this little tool. So I just cut it a little with my tiny hacksaw and broke it off the bracket and sliding the new inlet through was kind of a pain too. But I used the hook end of a long pry bar and pulled it through the bottom. All in all it's coming pretty well. If I had no setbacks I'd be done already. But it can wait until monday when my coolant line gets here. My back is 50 years old and doesn't like this no lift thing
Attached Images

Appreciate 0