View Single Post
      07-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #8
LiGuy
Rep
Drives: N55 135IS Convertible

Using dye confirmed it's leaking from that area, external head gasket seepage only, nothing blown internally for sure. No dye in coolant, oil is clear, runs perfect. Other than having to replace the OFHG, I never would have noticed this. Makes absolutely no sense, I've read people tune these cars, drive super hard and never have an issue. This has 46k miles, never raced, no mods ever, never overheated, always serviced by BMW, Amsoil regularly. I've read head bolts can be replaced or re-torqued, and maybe just loosened causing seepage? I have read these can just leak like this externally, with no internal problems and go another 100k miles. Oil level doesn't really drop between changes, it's that little. I'm wondering if it's worth seeing if BMW has a solution and open up a can of worms, or to live with it. I/m considering going back to Hondas. They say they will inspect for free and do replacements of any of the parts that may be suspect and are covered under the California Emissions warranty (valve cover gasket, intake manifold, exhaust manifold/gasket, etc).
Appreciate 0