FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Howdy Nacho,

I think this brings up the realities of owning an almost 10 year old car. Most of us, certainly including myself, consider our 1Ms to be both an enjoyable possession and to some extent, an investment. Many would like to keep the car in a condition that is as much "stock" as possible. My car is basically 100% stock, warts and all. But if my headliner goes, after reading this thread, I'd try to find someone to re-upholster it rather than buy a replacement part that is almost as old as my car, itself, for $800.

Anyone who would think that a 1M would be less valuable with a quality re-upholstering job done on the headliner, vs. putting in a 9 year old replacement part, is a nincompoop.
Its a car to enjoy, i didn't buy it for the collectible value, I did all my maintence and modified tastefully lol. It has its own character, and thats what I like about it, its not just another 1M, its my 1M, I'm not really worried about the value it would hold, I would worry how much I enjoy owning it, and already my kids calling dips on it. It will be pass down to the older kid lol When I'm done using the left foot.
Appreciate 0