02-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #188
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by i128 View Post
It's a car, the purpose on PUBLIC roads is to get you to point A to point B.
I chose mine, because it does just that, and offers a driving pleasure that suits my needs, and 230hp and 200trq, is plenty more than anyone needs to get around town....

well you have your own reason to have bought a 135... if you really liked your 400whp evo that much, you would have built another one.
I absolutely agree buying a car is a personal choice and should be done appropriately to the buyers situation and needs. i dont think anyone can argue against that.

I was more commenting on your point that sounded like you were saying no one should have or needs a car capable of exceeding the speed limits. like you said, most cars can exceed the speed limit, some better than others but like where buying a car is up to the buyer, i think how you drive is up to the driver. not everyone with a ferrari pushes them up to 200mph on public roads.. but should they be able to have a car that is able to? I think so. does that ferrari on the road make me enjoy my 135i or other cars less, no. because the 135i is more suited to my needs and situation ( and i also cant afford a ferrari)

A lot of people also track their cars and want a car faster than a 140mph civic. having a car that meets that requirement as well as being a car legal to drive on public roads is very appropriate for a lot of people. i guess no one really needs to track but i also guess no one really needs a BMW when there are cheaper, more fuel efficient vehicles out there that can still get us from point A to point B on public roads. .

i kind of feel like i am stating the obvious and i apologize if i missed your point.

(And again, no hate on 128i's, great cars)

Last edited by ilikebmxbikes; 02-29-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0