View Single Post
      10-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
2010BMW335iXdrive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive

John D, after I had my n54 E85 tuned i quickly started getting both the 29d1 and 29f3
error codes. The tuner had warned me this may happen given that I had the original spark plugs on an engine with 38k miles. I changed them out a few days later and I've not seen any of the error codes since. Not sure how old your spark plugs are....what I've learned is when you have an E85 tune you need plugs with less than 20k or so on em'. A tune like that really asks alot of the engine and exposes the age of your plugs.

If it does end up being a plug issue you may want to change them yourself. Why? In my case, I couldn't get the car to push out those error codes when on standard maps. I didn't want to drive into a dealership with the E85 map activated or error codes associated with that map. I don't know what happens if you go back to stock map and don't clear codes from the E85 map. Anyways, I just bought the plugs/tools for less than $100 and did it myself in an hour. There are many more details you'd need to do this, pm me if replacing plugs is a route you decide to take.
Appreciate 0