View Single Post
      07-11-2008, 05:53 AM   #19
K30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I'm in a fortuate enough position to have driven some exoitca, including a Caymen S.. (my dad has one and trusted me enough one weekend!!)

I drive a 123d coupe and so can't compare with 135, but don't really see how the caymen and 135 can be compared at all.

Both cars are great but in different genre's. The porsche is amazing - but it is a proper sports car, and one I would personally not want to live with every day. The balance is incredible, and i doubt the 1 seires can match it, though i can't comment on the bmw power the porche feels quicker than figures suggest - and certainly it allows you to take corners quicker than the 1 series, and quicker than a 911 carrera i've also driven; despite being down on power.

It is noiser.. has a harder ride and is cramped. the build is great but day to day things like the bluetooth phone are better in the bmw (porsche sounds like you are in a bucket!). Nit picking i know.. but there is also no postcode entry on the satnav!

Add in the price differential, service costs (which also come around sooner), the 2 year only warranty, arrogant dealers (and lack of them), lack of BMW assist, and thirst and I can't see how you could ever be in a position to be deciding between these two cars. Unless of course you are loaded and can't choose between marginal practicality and power or looks and handling. But in that case you'd buy an M3!
Appreciate 0