Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz135 View Post
Just got back from the dealership. Two words: F**** FINALLY. They really did it this time.

I've only driven about 15miles so far so take this only as a first impression but here goes:

My main issue: when slowing down to a stop then attempting to accelerate there is a noticeable delay of no response then the car lurches forward - FIXED. I won't say it's perfect, once or twice I thought I felt a delay, but it only lasts about 1/10th as long as it used to. If the car was a 4/10 before for throttle response from low gears, it's now an 8.5-9/10. Night and day difference.

Throttle tip in - MUCH more even. Before it seemed like nothing happened for the first second of pushing followed by lots of power, it's more balanced now which is awesome (with one caveat)

Crackling/popping exhaust - No it did not bring back any crackling for me (I don't have PPK). In fact I believe I had more crackling/popping BEFORE this update. (will update after I drive it some more)

Only caveat - the car feels less powerful. Not significantly less, but noticeable. However, I need more time to test this, it might be a symptom of different levels of throttle now required to generate a response. I didn't really get to drive WOT on my way back from the dealer, too much traffic.
Thanks for the update!

That's strange that you didn't get the exhaust notes that others earlier in the thread reported. Some of the benefits you reported like tip in could be a result of adaptation hard reset when they update the DME.

If they fixed the rolling stop issue though that alone is worth updating for.
Appreciate 0