12-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #51
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
No. 48 is for non AFS.
Are we talking about the same document here?!?
My No.48 clearly states (in art. 6.22.9.1):

"An AFS shall be permitted only in conjunction with the installation of
headlamp cleaning device(s) according to Regulation No. 45 19 for at least
those lighting units, which are indicated under item 9.3. of the
communication form conforming to the model in Annex 1 to Regulation
No. 123, if the total objective luminous flux of the light sources of these units
exceeds 2,000 lm per side, and which contribute to the class C (basic)
passing-beam."

Seems pretty clear to me. again 2000lm threshold, to be measured in class c passing beam
What does your art. 6.22.9.1 say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
UNECE WP.29 is dropping ECE to reflect the global nature of its mission as all countries with the exception of the US recognize most, of not all, the Global Technical Standards.
They may want that, but from all of NA, only canada recognizes part of the documents (only 16 documents if I'm correct). US and mexico none.
Countries like india and china (so thats almost half the planets population) also not. (I'm talking here purely about WP29)
If I count correctly its a total of 56 countries that fully acknowledges WP19 ruleset. Thats not a lot on a total of 197 (28 percent to be precise)

So its more of a wish than a fact (on other rulesets support might be bigger though and who knows whats to come)
But at least all of the civilized world is in
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-23-2018 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0