View Single Post
      07-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #19
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Well my buddies 'indy' shop warranties everything he touches for 2 years, unlimited mileage. I honestly don't know of anyone else that does this. But, he does light and medium duty diesel only.

Any shop that's a NAPA Autocare center will have to warranty parts and labor, for 1 year IIRC.
O'Reillys/Parts City has a part/labor warranty also. But it's been years since I've dealt with them, I don't recall exactly how it works.

These things making it to the customer are up to the shop though. I know there are those shops that would bill a customer and make a labor claim. They didn't have a good reputation with anyone; out the screw everyone over.

FWIW, I have had my car to the dealer 2 times for work. Only because I had a aftermarket warranty and they'd dealt with the warranty company before, knew the hoops. Other than that I have not had my cars at a shop since the 90's.
But it's coming to the point that I don't want to work on my cars. So I'm at a point where my opinions will come to bite me in the ass.
Appreciate 2
10"4976.00