10-27-2015, 07:44 PM   #65
jvb6806
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [10.00]
I think everyone in the autoX world will agree that the RE71R is hands down the tire to have. Look at nationals, and even the top times in local events, and I will guarantee they were all on the bridgestones.

I did three major things to my car for the two months of the season (rear sway, sub frame inserts, and Re71r's). Granted the STX competition is pretty light in Illinois for some reason, I have gone from a second back in STX to the top of the class. I think that the tires had quite a bit to do with my new found speed. I am yet to drive against the fast STX RX8 & FRS in Central Illinois (CCSCC) but I am looking forward to it at the last event of the season (Nov 14-15). If the fast FRS/BRZ folks in CS in the Chicago Region bump to STX next year I'll be back to mid pack, but I will want to be on the RE71's if they do, that is for sure.

As far as the life of the RE71r's mine have take a pounding and are probably half gone after 6 or so events and a test and tune with at least 15 runs. I was handing out my keys to other people to get feedback and I lost count of the total runs that day. They got some heat in the test and tune and seemed to hold up great.

I am sure there are others that have some tire temp data to show when the tires are at their best, but my tire pyro died this year and I am not competitive enough to record that stuff anyways. I mainly used the tire pyro for my alignment specs a few years ago and then stopped bothering with it every weekend. Now I set my pressures and drive.

I am going to start next season on the RE71's I have on the car now and see what the other manufacturers come up with to compete. But right now they are the tire to have.