View Single Post
      08-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #9
touareg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I'm also already thinking about winter tires even though it's only August and we just had a heat wave past through Vancouver. On my 135i, 16s will definitely not fit, so I'm forced to go for 17" alloys.

But I do agree that steelies in the winter look pretty hot. My friend has a black Mazdaspeed 3 with steelies in the winter, and it looks really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Not sure the correct tire size but is it safe to say you can buy the same size tire for all four wheels? With the sports pack you get different sized tires in the front and the rear which is something I wish to avoid with the winter tires. I'm pretty sure non-sport pack BMWs ride with the same four tires on all fours...as long as there isn't a safety issue I'm all for that in the winter. Anyone have experience with that?
You can definitely fit the same size wheels/tires to the 1. The staggering of the front/rear sizes are mostly for increased performance/handling in the dry/wet.