Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyulak View Post
lol, it's all I can do to become motivated enough to clean my rims.

I did buy a pack of microfiber cloths today at Target, but I am considering the Zaino detail pack. It's 100+ dollars, which I guess isn't too bad considering what you get and how everybody raves about the product. The problem is that Corsa said they would detail my car for me when they are finished with the axle-back exhaust project.

At the rate they are moving, if I wax now it will need it by the time they are finished.
Lesson #1... please don't use those MF towls you bought, unless you got them to clean your windows or inside the doors. Using them on your paint is wrong

I didn't think it either but there is a difference in MF towls. I always bought the mf towls at autozone or whatever and just didn't know any better. After I picked up some real quality towls and I finally realized the difference. Either get Cobra MF towls, you can get them at www.autogeek.net or get Pakshak towls at www.pakshak.com . I picked up a 10 pack from detailed image and they seem good as well, just not as plush as cobra's or pakshak.

Bad mf towls will only help cause more swirling. Swirling is our enemy.

As for Zaino, I've read rave reviews and read how much of a pain in the ass the process is. Either way the results looks great in pictures but never seen a car in person with the zaino package completed.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0