View Single Post
      11-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #144
lowside67
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Hmm that's super strange - I use Firefox, no issue here. Since I am posting anyways, here's what I've been up to this year!

In early 2020, I made a deal to buy a rolling chassis Stohr sports racer that was half way through an abandoned engine swap progress. I bought the car, had it sent back to the manufacturer where they undid the work that was half done and welded in the newest design engine bay and rear drivetrain spar. I then ordered a Hayabusa motor off ebay and sent it to that shop to mount into the car before having the car sent back to me.

Unfortunately that was about when Covid started flaring up, so the car basically sat untouched from March to June, where it finally arrived up in Canada to me on June 26th.

After taking the bodywork off, this was my starting point:

No fuel system, no wiring or electronics, no exhaust, no cooling system, no oil system, no datalogger/dash, and about a million small projects between maintenance and solutions needed.

After 6 crazy long weeks (very helpful that Covid resulted in my day job being pretty sleepy), the car was on track for its first event. We had only one small mechanical - a bubble in a rear brake line that a bleed resolved. Otherwise, we did 100% of the laps that we set out to do and set a 1:07 lap at a track where the overall record is 1:04, and the next fastest car that day was an Ariel Atom at 1:13.

After 3 events total, our shortened 2020 season was over and the car is back in the garage for winter work. Long list of things to do this winter - rebuild and repair bodywork, new aero package, redo a bunch of the mechanical systems, new livery, etc.

Some in car from the first day:

-Mark

Last edited by lowside67; 11-13-2020 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 2
SKI-R159.00