View Single Post
      10-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #12
majorswoosh
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i MT

Rattles, Squeaks, Creaks = Therapy Required

Hi - new member here with a relatively new 135i. I realize that cabin noises are near impossible to diagnose without hitting your head against a few brick walls, so my expectations are not unrealistic in terms of getting rapid and helpful responses from the dealer on these kinds of issues.

What I am writing about and looking for advice on is my dealer's response to my passenger-side dashboard plasticky noises. The noises occur mostly on rough roads, but there is a light rattle coming from somewhere above the globebox now even off idle on a smooth road. Not always, but sometimes. Gremlins! The dealer's master technician's ultimate reply after hearing the noises was, "Blame the city's poor roads. You're going to get this from any car with a sport-tuned suspension. There's nothing I can do - I don't even know where to start."

My problem with this response is that this isn't my first rodeo; I have owned a slew of cars before this one and none of them have made noises like in my 135i. I expected more from a BMW. Perhaps my expectations are too high. Given that this is their final response, what do you recommend that I do? In your experience is there any value in escalating this to BMW Canada? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? How do I convince them to address the issue? I have this nasty feeling that I'm going to have to live with it... which is beyond frustrating and will require group therapy and result in hearing loss from my stereo being turned up all the time.

Thanks for your perspectives.