11-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
ryanpick
turboless
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorswoosh View Post
...so my expectations are not unrealistic in terms of getting rapid and helpful responses from the dealer on these kinds of issues.

What I am writing about and looking for advice on is my dealer's response to my passenger-side dashboard plasticky noises.The dealer's master technician's ultimate reply after hearing the noises was, "Blame the city's poor roads. You're going to get this from any car with a sport-tuned suspension. There's nothing I can do - I don't even know where to start."
This is where i'm becoming increasing frustrated. I haven't even gone back to have my local service dealer but i feel like i already know it's going to be a waste of time. I have a annoying rattle now somewhere on the drivers side dash.
During my 15,000 mile oil change i brought up a concern about my clutch making a "springy" noise upon decompression. He made a comment like "well me can spray some stuff up there but i don't know if it'll help or what it may do...." and i'm basically thinking wat! you don't know what it'll do? and if you need to take apart the clutch assembly that's what you do...

of course the clutch makes the noise 95% of the time and it wasn't making the noise when i went to show him.

Do they take cabin noises seriously?

I'm seriously going from loving my car and looking forward to driving every time to just play annoyed.
Appreciate 0