widbimmer
Enlisted Member
Peru
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I had a Borla on my 135 and I have the Akra on my 1M

Both cars had straight pipes in the middle (135 Borlas, 1M N55 pipe with a resonator delete)

The sound is VERY different. I want to say the Borla was louder but the Akra has opened up and is loud in its own right. Hard to determine which was louder.

The Akra has a more "euro" sound. The Borla had a good amount of drone compared.

I love the Akra sound. The craftsmanship is top notch. You cant go wrong with either but I think if I had to choose again the Akra is a no brainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip@McKennaPerformance View Post
Have you considered the Meisterschaft?

Thanks for your post... I use to have a 135i but with no mods other than cosmetic, then I got an S3 and installed a TBE from Milltek, the I bought a Mini JCW but sold it after 3 weeks with no mods. Now I have the 1M which I keep on keeping for a while.

I have a friend that has a Akra installed with mad dad midpipes and i love the sound of it but i was trying to find maybe someone in this forum that can tell me that the borla would be a better option.

I still have my doubts but in the end, the akra its probably going to be the winner.
Appreciate 0