United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
i havent sprung for these yet.. however.. from all my peers.. " don't last long" means it takes TWO sets to get through a season instead of one.. with some moderate distance driving to and from events and flipping on the rims etc as needed.. indeed.. they are a must for autocross to win..
My autocross club runs 14 points events, plus 4 non-points spring practice events, and many also go to the national tour event at Packwood and another regional shoot out in Montana. A set of RE71R's will usually last the season on a car that isn't a daily driver, but it takes management. (spraydowns after runs, flipping mid-season)

With my work schedule (working every 3rd weekend) and having kids, I make it to about 6 autocross events and 2 HPDE's per year. My first set of RE71R's did that plus about 10,000 miles and corded the front INNER tread blocks.

I decreased camber from -2.8 to -2.4 this year, but am regretting that from a grip standpoint and its probably is only an issue because I am not doing enough "white knuckled" driving. We'll see how they wear this year.

I agree on the public service announcement . . . if you have PS2's, even if it is a low mileage "collector" car, get 'em off!!!
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1