10-29-2019, 11:04 PM   #10
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
very soon all will be white
Oh hey fellow Ontarian! Sedona Red is such a cool colour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustix View Post
That's awesome glad you could make it out! I'm one of the guys that helps put the events on, I always love it when the one series guys come out. We very rarely get more than about 4 haha.
Neat! There was a good turnout of quality cars at that meet. And I have never seen more E82 1M in one place! It was so good to see so many of them that day. I went in the M3 and had a good time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin128 View Post
Look very good. Just wonder where did you get the PPK1 tune + 135iS DCT flash done? And how you like it?
I did it myself as I have the BMW Standard Tools software suite. The boost in torque was VERY noticeable as well as how more aggressive the shifts are in manual + sport mode with the iS DCT flash. I can definitely say the PPK1 and DCT flashes made the car's character a lot sportier. The subtle pops and burbles on overrun are a nice touch, too.

I 100% recommend doing both to any N55 DCT 135i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy5000 View Post
That sure is a nice E82 you have there 6ixSpd, just curious to know if the DCT flash solved the car's jerking problems?
I find that after an SIB reset the car drives like dream but after 2-3 weeks of driving it goes back to the same issue.
Mine had a very slight dip + surge in RPM when coming to a full stop. I flashed the 135iS DCT and PPK1 softwares, cleared all adaptations, and performed the DCT re-learn procedures (clutch actuation pressures, shift valve compensation, and some other parameters).

Zero issues since and it's been roughly 7 weeks and 4000 KM now.

Updating the DCT ZB file is the key as that's where the fix was made in newer revisions of the DCT software. Resetting adaptations is a band-aid and does not address the root cause.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1