View Single Post
      08-07-2015, 08:37 AM   #13
weeeee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Do you have part numbers or a link for the m3 pieces you installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesman View Post
I have these as well. I actually went and got the E9x M3 cowls to replace the E8/9x cowl on top of getting the BMS filters. The M3 cowl still uses the gutters to filter water to the sides instead of down the engine bay. I think it's the perfect match. The M3 cowls are light plastic and conform to those two cross beams that attach to the strut towers so they don't intrude on the engine bay and keep the aesthetics of the engine bay, "sporty".

If water getting into the HVAC is a concern, you can get the M3 filter housings and filters as well. I'm considering that myself only because the car wash does pucker up my bum-hole a little seeing all that water go surging down. Furthermore, I do daily my car and this summer has been monsoon crazy! Since my car sits outside while I'm at work, I get a little "worried" about all that water raining down.

All in all, I've had no issues regardless, it's just a bit disconcerting either way. I've also been toying with 3D printing some gutters for the BMS filters, however my 3D printer isn't big enough to print them and the makerbot printer near me just closed down.

So if anyone has a larger format printer that can print the gutters, I have a near complete 3D CAD of the filter gutters that will prevent the water running down the windscreen and splashing up onto/into the filters.

Also to respond to what other commenters have said: The M3 cowl is the best of both worlds: water drainage as BMW intended and the lovely sounds you get with the DCI. So Again, M3 cowls FTW, M3 HVAC filters: if you really don't want to worry about it, ever again.
Appreciate 0