View Single Post
      09-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Sinister Crayon
floccinaucinihilipilifica tion
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Unhappy 135i Euro Delivery Car Damaged

(I just posted this on Bimmerfest, but wanted to post it here too)

Yeah, I just got the call from my CA... one I really didn't want to hear. Apparently somewhere between Liepzig and Munich, my car was damaged to the extent that they're building me a new one. Well, I guess not my car... the car I was supposed to be picking up next week. As a result, the current position is that my car won't be ready for my pickup next Friday and thus a good chunk of my ED experience is in my opinion trashed.

BMW are making good on the deal and giving me a 535i instead for the duration of the trip. Not in itself a bad thing... but this is not the ED I wanted.

I wanted to drive my car on the Autobahn. I wanted to drive it up the Alps and maybe hoon it around the Nurburgring. I wanted the experience of seeing MY car for the first time at The Welt, doing a victory lap and driving it out into Munich proper for its first outing. I wanted photos of me standing next to my car grinning like an idiot to post up here. Now... I feel like all of that has gone by the wayside.

While my trip wasn't planned around the ED, these were all things I wanted to do and wanted to experience. This has been a long time coming, and people who know me know the troubles I've had getting an ED at all... I was so close and now all of that seems like it's gone. Instead I can't shake the feeling that my entire ED experience now will be no different than renting a 535i in Munich and driving it around Bavaria. The "special" is gone.

I'm trying so damned hard to be positive right now. I am thinking about the fact that I'll now have more trunk space (on of my concerns previously) and a damned nice car to drive around in during my trip... sure as hell better than a rental. I'm also trying to think about the fact that this will make my PCD better because there will be the first time I'll see my car, and get to drive it. It'll also have zero miles, and since it'll now be a new car I don't have to worry about customs holding it longer because it's an ED car... this is a new car now coming into the USA. I'm also going to make sure I take a really long weekend now for my PCD so I can take my car out on the Tail of the Dragon. But somehow I feel like all that I'd hoped for has gone by the wayside.

I know everyone's doing their best to ensure my trip is great. I appreciate it and don't feel any anger because, well, crap happens. But I do feel depressed. This on top of the last couple of days at work has really put me in a bad place... next Friday was one of the things that was keeping me going and keeping me excited. Now I feel like crawling into a hole in the ground and staying there for the next couple of weeks instead. I know it's irrational, and I'm working on it.

Anyone else had an experience like this?
Appreciate 0