09-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Crayon View Post
I would consider postponing except that I already have plane tickets (of course) and plans set with other people. My girlfriend's siblings are already taking vacation time to spend time with us while we're out there (both military posted in Germany right now). This coupled with the fact that I scheduled the trip months ago so that it would coincide with my son's fall break from school mean that I either take the trip next week and salvage what I can, or cancel the whole ED until next year sometime.

Now, I'm a little more positive now than I was earlier when I wrote the email. Yeah, you're right guys; I can drive that 535i like I stole it and have a great time. It's depressing that I won't be able to carve up the Stelvio Pass in my 135i like I planned, but I can make do with smoking some 5-series tires around those hairpins instead. Parking's going to be a bear in German cities, but thankfully I'm not spending much time in the cities.

Of course, this makes it even more likely that I'll hit up the Nurbrgring; I was a little concerned about break in limits on the 135i... the 535i... nah!
The Selvio was really, really tight in the turns. In my 135i it was tight... I can not THINK what it would be like in a new 5er. (perhaps you should go to the Gross Glockner?) AND then... there are those narrow one car wide tunnels!!! lol But yea... you'll enjoy that 5er plenty. And you'll be grinning ear to ear - espcially when you hit that gravel section!!
Appreciate 0