Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjswarbrick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric in RVA View Post
Over the weekend I stitched on the www.eastdetailing.com perforated leather with red center stripe steering wheel cover.

Once you get the hang of it stitching isn’t too hard.

A couple of tools that I would recommend are a set of dental picks, like they sell at Harbor freight, these allow you to tension the individual threads instead of trying to use your fat fingers.

More pictures in the album. If you have a plastic sport wheels I highly recommend this.

Thanks for this.
My leather wheel's been flaking for 2 years, and really started falling apart early this year. I was looking at Redline Goods to match my shift boot, but $159 seems a bit rich. Especially when my wife won't stitch it up, and they want $189 additional to install it!
Found what looks like the cover for my 2012 M-Sport on sale for $45. Hard to pass that up. Guess I'm gonna learn to stitch!
Once you get a rythm going, it just flies by. There are some good guides out there. I used a cheap Xuji cover kit from Amazon and it's held up fairly well. I think I'll probably redo it in the future, but it's much better than the horrible standard wrap was at the time.
Ric in RVA1468.50
JM98391.00