10-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #29
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135TX View Post
Alright, I was hoping for a full rebuild but funds are getting tight. I have a track weekend coming up and was thinking of just replacing the dust boots on the stock pistons with RB dust boots. So my question is can this be done without removing the piston entirely?

I have melted my stock dust boots but im fairly confident the pistons arent chipped or cracked, and I have solid braking performance, so maybe the full rebuild including new seals is overkill at the moment?

I was concerned something might damage the seal if the dust boots are left in current condition... Is this valid?

With only one more track weekend before the new year I'd prefer to defer the 600+ expense until after Christmas...

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I dont think changing the seals without a full piston removal will be possible unfortunately. The only thing you can do is clean the tops of the pistons while they are protuding, and re-grease the tops. The dust boot swap is all you can do without removing the pistons ...
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0