10-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #25
JetBlackE46
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
I honestly think it was an error on BMS's part where they reused your pictures. I'm sure an employee made the mistake somehow. This is the part that is wrong of them.

But about claiming that they copied your design, nothing can be done about that. That's how the automotive game works. If you don't have a patent on it then you're out of luck.

Do you think BMW complains when all the Chinese manufacturers take their carbon fiber products and copy them exactly then sell at 1/4th the price? No. It happens to all companies.

And as someone else pointed out. It costs you maybe 50cents if not less to make a clutch stop and you charge 10$ for it. BMS figured they can do the same product and charge less. I'm personally for lower prices since we get hit with the BMW tax all the time.
As I've mentioned before, this is just a side hobby to help the community out. But that's not really the point of this thread.

The facts of the matter are:

1) I designed and developed an easy to install clutch stop. Anyone who has bought one from me knows they can easily make one themselves as soon as they see it. What I provide is convience so that you don't have to go out and have to buy all the pieces.

2) A year or two later BMS copied my design. Which is fine when they used rubber washers. I didn't even complain when they used by install picture. I just figured smart buyers would see through to them and buy mine instead.

3) Now BMS copies my design exactly and uses all the pictures in my ad as their own. That's the last straw.

Strange that they would offer this "new" metal washer design on eBay only. You would think that if customers asked for it, you would offer it everywhere you products are sold...especially your own website. Honestly after postage, bubble envelope, paypal fees and ebay fees I make about $5 per stopper. So their pricing is an attempt to drive me out not offer a cheaper alternative. Why else would they only offer it on eBay where I sell.

I think I've made my point. If BMS can't or won't respond well that there's not much else to say.
Appreciate 0