Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdrivingjr View Post
I got it easy with this EASY
I agree, using these pliers or a spreadign wrench is the best way to remove these star shaped PITA bolts. I tried allen key method and was not sucsesful even after wd-40 use and extra leverage.

To prevent errors I taped the wrench in tape and used cloth in between metal door panel and wrench hand. Was paranoid about causing dents.

I will attempt to fix the regulator before buying new, my case simlply had one of the end cap of the wire fail.

UPDATE:
Regulator fixed.

the fail point for me was the cable ends that are attached to the glassholders. These ends can be fixed by visiting your bicylce shop and getting new cable ends installed. or with a solder iron & lots of solder. They are made of the same soldering material.

i will try to make diagrams for the repair. Especially the Spool portion. Very satisfied to keep 150-200 $ in my pocket

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 09-10-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0