View Single Post
      04-14-2016, 03:30 AM   #50
AntonioZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Crimson

Interior and AP fun

I also ended up doing a couple little interior modifications. The first one was the ZHP Shift knob. I went down to BMW and picked one up for 50 bucks and was told it would snap on and these are universal on all BMW's from 82 and up I think? Well didn't know that till i got home and started taking everything apart that the boot comes off with the knob and the plastic white clip wont work with that knob.

So thankful for my 1addict buddies that have come before, I went ahead and did the DIY and pulled the boot up flush with the shift knob and got a zip tie locked on the lever. Extremely pleased with the finish and feel of it. Can't feel the zip tie at all and boot doesn't fall or slide around. Not the greatest pictures:

The second modification was with my accessport. I have a v2 and would like to upgrade to the v3 soon but for now it works. Since I will be running stage 2 I would like a better way of using my access port as a gauge/engine management codes/change maps but as we all know the OBD isn't in the greatest spot. So i took off the side panel and unscrewed the connector.

I got enough slack on it to put in right above the foot vents below the steering wheel and ran it up by the adjustment lever. I used a phone mount that has a magnet on the back that connects to the vent.

Think it all came out great! I am looking into getting a charge pipe here soon but am pretty bummed that synapse reviews have been so bad that you can't get the combos anymore. My buddy has one and I love it so anyone have any input? I was looking at Tial otherwise.
Appreciate 0