View Single Post
      04-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #21
Ganque
N55 Pure Stage 2 w/ DCT
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is M Sport

Hey guys, just a quick update. I informed everyone that after going back to the stock intake the car got partially fixed. But on hot outside weather the issue will come back no matter what.

So I finally got it fixed! This time for real and permanently:

After going through all the fixes mentioned at the OP, and of course going back to the OEM air box I decided to use my K+DCAN cable one more time (I was bored and wanted to "chat" with my DME and have a deep conversation on how much I hated my car at this point)...
So I loaded INPA
Selected 1 Series
Selected Gearbox
and I couldn't see my DCT transmission listed... if I select any other transmission (GS19 for example) I was getting an error message saying (No response from GS19 module. Your current module DSG_90)
So I decided to go directly to my INPA.ini editor and include the DSG_90 option manually.
Well.... boilá, I was able to finally get into the DSG (DCT or DKG) transmission menu through INPA!

So I was able to reset all the adaptations including clutches pressure levels, oil adaptation and even temperature adaptations.

Then I want back to the Engine menu and reset 2 things:
- Reset Throttle Adaptations
- Reset Air Pressure Adaptations

And then... BOOM!! Problem solved! No more throttle lag, no more RPMS fluctuation... no more issue.

SO here is my theory:
The Throttle Body was acting with a software based delay, so the transmission working with the tb was not coordinating in the correct time. Long story short: The thorttle body was opening later and closing later, generating a false vaccum and causing the stall on the car.

SO AS A FINAL CLOSURE, and I HOPE THIS HELPS TO ANYONE HAVING THE INFAMOUS DCT (DKG) PROBLEM RELATED TO THROTTLE RESPONSE AND RPMS FLUCTUATION AND STALL WITH AC ON:

Do this in this order:

- Make sure that you are not having boost or vaccum leaks.
- Took the car to the dealer for a software update (Mentioned the SIB 12 15 14)
- Use INPA to reset transmission and throttle adaptations (the dealership won't do this for you).

This is a SOFTWARE related issue.